Friday, August 08, 2008

3 Hours straight!

Last night, for the first time in a long time, I actually slept for 3 hours straight between 1:30am and 4:30am!! It was so exciting! I got up to use the bathroom at 1:30, but then I didn't wake up again until 4:30, and that NEVER happens anymore! So it as a happy time :)
On wednesday I had another doctor's appointment, and they did an ultrasound to estimate fetal weight and all of that so that they could weigh the risks of induction against the risks of waiting based on how large the baby was, because of course induction reduces the chances of a successful VBAC, but so does having a large baby. So they think the baby is about 8lbs 5oz, which is not as big as I was afraid he might be! Of course, they say these estimates can be off by up to a pound either way, so he could weigh up to 9lbs 5 oz, but I'm going with 8lbs!! I like that better :) So we're not rushing to induce just yet, we're just hoping that this will happen naturally some time before my next doctor's appointment on Wednesday! So here I am 3 days past my due date, which is somewhere I never thought I would be, and could have lived without quite happily, but today I am feeling just fine. Yesterday it was really getting to me and I was unhappy and frustrated all day, but today I am feeling more at peace with the fact that this baby will come when he's good and ready to, and not a moment before! At least I know that if w do end up having to take the induction route, I'm a pretty good candidate for it because he's already dropped and my cervix has already started the process of effacement and dilation. So I'm feeling optimistic. And things have been happening the last couple of days that make me think I'll probably go into labour on my own soon enough, so hopefully we'll be the proud parents of a little boy before the end of the weekend - we'll see I suppose :)
Also, today we finally decided on a name. I think. We'd narrowed it down to a couple of choices, but today when I woke up after taking a nap I was lying on the sofa thinking about names, and decided that one particular name we've talked about will be perfect, unless of course it just doesn't fit him once we see him. So I called Gabe and told him, and he said that was what he was thinking too, so we now have a name for him....but I'm not telling :) Our friend Andy was over last night and he said that the reason the baby wasn't coming was because we hadn't given him a name yet, so now he has no excuse!! haha!
My friend Cassandra came over and gave me a free massage today - it was soooooo nice! That may also be a contributing factor in my more relaxed state of mind actually! It felt so nice though - she said I had knots all over my upper back, and my body certainly doesn't seem to be in as much pain as usual this afternoon, so I've decided that pre-natal massages are happy things :) And so is sleeping for more than 45 minutes! So today is a surprisingly good day.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Really good to hear. I hope to see pictures of your baby boy and the proud older sister in a couple of days! It will be exciting to hear what name you will choose in the end. Maybe he's just a huge sports fan and wants to wait until the Olympics starts "for real" :)