Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween 2008

Well, this year I decided to make Avery an angel for halloween, which is perfect because

  1. she is actually a little angel, and
  2. at school they have little pictures on their cubbies to help them recognise which one is theirs, and Avery's is an Angel :)

So I had the wings and halo from a costume I bought on sale for about 75c after halloween last year, so I just needed a dress, so I bought some fabric, ribbon and glass beads for a grand total of about $7, and made this little angel dress on Thursday night. They did trick-or-treating at school on Friday, so she got to wear her costume twice :) She came home from school with a bag of candy and a small pumpkin, and then after her nap she got dressed up again and we headed out to the ward trunk-or-treat. Very fun.

Avery all ready to go trunk-or-treating dressed as an angel :)


Looking a little mischievous....

It took some convincing to get her to leave her ambulance and two cars behind...she does love vehicles....but I didn't think they really matched her costume.....


In the church parking lot ready to go get some candy!! Brogan is a lion, just as Avery was on her first halloween :) Avery walker around about half of the parking lot before she decided she'd had enough walking, so we left her walker by a friend's car and I carrie her the rest of the way. I think she was a little overwhelmed by the whole thing, and flat out refused to say "trick ot treat" once we were outside the confines of our own minivan...Oh well! She was still the cutest little angel ever!


This was the day before halloween....Brogan is weaing a little pumpkin hat, which I love, and Avery went to school in a halloween t-shirt. This was her smile-du-jour. I never know what I'm going to get when I ask her to smile for the camera, but I'm always pretty certain that it won't be what I was hoping for....

2 comments:

Solviej said...

Fun stuff Josephine. I think the dress you made for Avery is really pretty!

Syme Family News said...

Avery is the cutest angel in the world.