Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hike to the Star

Saturday was a beautiful day, so we decided to take advantage of the mild weather and do the hike up to the star. We haven't done much hiking/walking for a while, what with Avery being too big for the front baby carrier, and not yet walking, but now we have a back-pack carrier, so we decided to try it out! Avery wasn't keen when we put her in it at home to see whether it would be plausible, but once we got up the the bottom of the trail, she was perfectly happy to sit in it. So Gabe had her on his back, and I carried Brogan on my front, and we set out! We decided to start at the point where the trail crosses the road on the way up, instead of starting at the very beginning, because we didn't want to get stuck too from the minivan if it became too much for either child :)
Gabe and Avery on the trail, while it was still wide and flat-ish :) Avery loved riding on Daddy's back pack.

Brogan and me in the same spot, but facing the other way. Brogan fell asleep after a few minutes of walking, and slept all the way up, which was rather perfect. I don't know what it is about this carrier that makes it uneven - i've readjusted the straps countless times, but he just kept on slouching to the side. I remember Avery used to slouch the same direction too, so I think that it must just have been made a little funny. It's fine when he's facing out, but facing in I have to support him with my arm as well.


Brogan and me at the top. When we got up there, there was a small wedding going on, which was cute. But they were taking up the whole observation deck, so people kept on coming round the corner and then turning back around and leaving. We'd walked all the way up though, so we weren't about to turn around and leave again!! :) So I went and found a bench and nursed Brogan while we waited.

This is us at the top ready to go back down again. All in all it was a very fun morning, and it's nice to know that we can do things like this with both our little ones.

1 comment:

Allison said...

wow, that's how you two are so skinny and good looking! See, I love the star but we drive up that crazy mountain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!