Monday, February 09, 2009

She loves me!


Avery has started a wonderful new habit of telling me she loves me! :) I love it! Friday morning we were sitting down eating breakfast and she suddenly said "I like you." I, not sure whether I had misheard her, said "What??" and she replied "Mummy, I like you so much!" I said "Ohh!! Thank you!! I like you so much too!!!" She said "I like your hair, it's sooooo pretty, and it's sooooo beautiful!"
Of course, I was on cloud nine for the rest of the day :) Then, to make my day even happier, after she got home from school that afternoon, I left the room at one point and was in the kitchen when I heard the distinctive sound of her crawling as fast as she could, saying "I'm following you Mooom! I love you sooooooo much!!!"
TOO CUTE!!
And this morning she told me several times as we were getting ready for school that she loved me sooo much! And she has this adorable way of shaking her head a little as she says it to emphasise it - she makes my heart melt!

2 comments:

overseas grandma said...

This is a child who has been so loved, so encouraged and so nurtured that she can do nothing with all the love she receives but give it back. She is a constant source of joy.

Syme Family News said...

That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard. I love it!