Monday, October 26, 2009

Pediatric Therapies Fall Celebration!

Yesterday afternoon after church we went to Carilion's pediatric therapies fall celebration! It was a perfect day for an afternoon at the park, and we had a lovely time!
Avery wore her (unfinished) bird costume, but I realise now that we didn't take any pictures until she'd already taken it off. Oh well!
There was food...

Avery was happy about the hotdogs...

She coloured and decorated a picture of a pumpkin with Lisa.
And she hit a pinata! (Notice Brogan trying to join in....!)

She collected the loot!
Even after all the other children had abandoned the candy, she was still filling her pockets!

Brogan found a giant leaf.
He was quite proud of himself...!
They played in what is apparently the Roanoke Valley's largest handicapped accessible playground! It was pretty cool - a wheelchair could get around the whole thing!

Bridges have always been one of Avery's favourite parts of playgrounds, and apparently Brogan is a big fan of them too :)
I also have pictures from the fall fundraiser at the Hippotherapy place...I'll have to post those too.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I love that Avery likes playing on bridges. I think that is really sweet.

SuzanSayz said...

I've always had a special fondness for little walking bridges myself.
I think most people do.
I assume there must be some deep psychological reason for it all, but who cares about that. I just love those fun little bridges.

Lisa said...

I agree with everyone else...walking bridges were always the fun part of the playground.

Great photos. I think Avery is such a beautiful little girl.

Sarah said...

Looks like a great day!

Eveymartine said...

You have the most gorgeous children ever!
I love how seriously Avery is taking the whole drinking-of-the-juice-box process in the first picture ;-)
It looks like a really fun day.