Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sick little boy

I have a sick little boy.
Yesterday morning he woke up with a fever of 102, and he spent the morning on the couch feeling very sorry for himself.
I thought maybe it was possible that it was just teething, because I hear that some children get a little bit of a fever when they're getting new teeth...
...but I didn't really think it was that, because, for one thing, Brogan doesn't normally get a fever with teething, and for another thing, he's been teething just about non-stop for a couple of months. (He's a very slow teether....he's got a nasty bruise where a molar is trying to come out....it's been there 2 months and there's still no tooth...poor baby.)
Also, you can see it in his droopy blue eyes that he just doesn't feel good.
I gave him motrin before I put him down for his nap, and that helped a little with the fever, but he still only slept for an hour.

Last night he woke up every single hour throughout the night. A couple of times he fell right back to sleep as soon as I picked him up and sat him on my lap in the glider. He was exhausted, but just couldn't stay asleep lying down.
I think it may be an ear infection.
So this morning we are going to see the doctor.
I read that sometimes doctors don't prescribe anything for pediatric ear infections. That won't work for me. I can't make it through an ear infection sans medication, so I certainly don't expect my child to do so.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

Poor little guy. I'm with you on the antibiotic thing. I don't care how much the media screams about the overuse of them. If my child has an ear infection and there is an antibiotic that can not only cure it but cure it fast, then I WANT it!
When Shawn was small he had an ongoing ear infection that would NOT heal up. It was decided to put tubes in his ears. The only problem was that they had to wait for the infection to get better. That kid was on antibiotics for over five months before it was cleared up well enough for them to do the procedure. He never had another ear infection again after that.

Lisa said...

:(

It seems that everyone is getting sick these days.

Hope your little one feels better quickly.

Gloria said...

hope brogan gets better really soon. i hated the dreaded ear infections.

Eveymartine said...

Poor Brogan!
It doesn't hide the fact that he is so handsome and getting so big now!
Gorgeous!