Friday, December 04, 2009

Pumpkins

I was going to write a post tonight with videos, but Gabe is playing Call of Duty downstairs and whenever I try to upload photos or videos when he's on xbox live, he gets most distressed! I did it a couple of minutes ago to post that one little picture of Avery asleep at the table, and he said "Jo, are you downloading something up there?? Everybody was getting mad at the host, which was me, and then they booted me!!" And it literally took maybe 15 seconds from start to finish for that one photo to upload! I suppose 15 seconds is a lot when it comes to (pretend) life-or-death situations :)
So I am forced to finish a post from about 2 months ago! Which is probably a good thing :) I uploaded these photos but never wrote anything, so here are some photos of Avery helping Gabe carve a pumpkin!
Scooping out the seeds wasn't her favourite part...

But she enjoyed designing the face!


Kissing the pumpkin!
This was the happy pumpkin. I carved one without a smile, and she kept on getting the happy pumpkin to cheer up the angry pumpkin. I'll add that picture another time when my husband isn't fighting a war in the family room :)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Your husband sounds just like my husband. (lol)

Diana said...

What a great dad! Except for getting a little peeved while playing a game! Playing? I mean here you are writing, creating, expressing, etc. not playing!!!

SuzanSayz said...

Oh MEN! Why is it that almost any man in just about any situation tends to think that what they are doing is of the upmost importance while at the same time they instantly trivialize what ever it is their wives are doing. Forget the stupid game, we want pictures!

Evey F said...

I agree that taking the seeds out isn't fun. Felicity and Fintan did it this year and she looked about the same as Avery. The finished thing is lovely. Is kissing the pumpkin an American tradition?

Eveymartine said...

She is soooo cute! I can't wait to see her trying to cheer up the angry pumpkin :-)

Valerie said...

In Avery's world everything she loves has to be kissed. Keep on fighting that war Gabe, the world depends on you.