Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tagged

My fellow blogging friend Lisa tagged me as a "True Authentic Mom" - Thank you Lisa!
I've been tagged for a couple of things once or twice before, but I've never actually done it, so I'm going to really try this time, because I really love being a mother, and I think that this will give me an opportunity to talk about why.
So I'm supposed to list 5 things that make me a true authentic mum, and then tag 5 people to do the same.

So...in no particular order...

1. Several times a day at random moments I am overcome by the urge to smother at least one of my children with kisses! I can't help myself! They are just too cute! One day they won't let me do it any more, and I will be so sad, but for now they think it's hilarious, and I get to kiss those adorable cheeks and tummies!

2. I find it almost impossible to not talk about my children, even when the person I'm talking to might not be interested...!

3. I worry. We always used to make fun of my mother for worrying about us too much, but now I understand :)

4. I always thought I would have maybe 3 or 4 children, but now that I have two sweet children, there is a big part of me that would LOVE to have 6 or 7 :) I just love motherhood. I love how my heart and my capacity to love seem to grow with each child. I love how I want to be a better person for the sake of my children. I love how challenging and rewarding it is, and how I am always having to learn and grow myself as I figure out how to be the kind of mother my children need. I love watching my children learn new things. I love how my heart just melts whenever they are sweet and kind to one another. I could go on and on and on....

5. I can sleep through wind, rain and thunder, but one little whimper from Avery or Brogan and my eyes are wide open.

Before I tag anyone else, I just thought I'd mention a couple of things I admire about Lisa as a mother, since she was the one who tagged me.
1. She has a talent for finding joy in everyday things, and takes the time to instill that talent in her children.
2. She encourages her children to figure out what it is that they love.
3. She absolutely adores her girls.
4. She makes her home a beautiful place, as well as a place where creativity and imagination can run rampant! (Just take a look at the girls' bedrooms!!) Every picture I see just makes me think that her home would be such a happy place to grow up!
5. She is organised. That is something I aspire to, not only for myself, but I also think that I would be doing a better job raising my children if I could just be a little more organised!!

Now! I tag:
Sarah
Helen
Alli
Katy
Stefani

I won't be even slightly offended if you don't want to do it - as I said, I normally don't do these things myself :)

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I love this - even if it's something you don't usually do, this tag has been well worth it. It is so lovely for me, as a Mother, to see that you feel all the things that I felt and feel for my children (although, strangely, none of them would much appreciate me kissing their tummies I think.) I can remember my parents telling me I wouldn't know how much they loved me until I was a mother myself and they were absolutely right.

Lisa said...

First of all, I totally agreed with all your 5 reasons. Especially the one about sleeping so soundly but waking to the sound of the children. That was me last night. Elisabeth is ill and I could hear her every little whimper.

Thank you so much for the kind things that you said about me :) Made my day!

Diana said...

It's obvious you are a wonderful mother. I've admired you and Gabe since I met you! Your children are blessed!!