Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bed time story

A little while ago I started reading Avery some "big girl" books at bed time, but recently she has been requesting made-up stories instead of books. She says "How about you make up a story? Is that a good deal?" This is not a problem, especially since she makes the whole thing up herself and we just have to repeat it back to her in installments!! The only problem is that she never wants them to end...
Here is one of her stories. It is in separate videos because I didn't want to record myself repeating the story back to her...

video
It's going to be about the grasshopper had to hop and stopped and see a bunny, and the grasshopper said "Hi Bunny!" "How are you doing Grasshopper?" said the bunny.

video
And then there was a big bear chasing the grasshopper and the bunny and so they had to hop into the bunny's tree.

video

And then there was a BIG MONSTER!!! A big monster coming over there and it was opening and then there was a whale eating them!

video
And then they went to the walk through the woods and then there was a wolf trying to trick them and they had to hide in the Christmas tree.

video
And then they went to the woods and stopped, and then they had to feel sick so they went in the ambulance and lied down on the ambulance thing and then they had to drive to the hospital.

13 comments:

Kristen said...

What an imagination! Her stories are way more fun and suspenseful than reading a book. I could hardly wait for each frame, to find out what Avery would come up with next.

Oh and I just love the way she says "stop" and hop".

Valerie said...

Oh my goodness! What a busy and alarming wood?

Lisa said...

Now that's a girl with an imagination! I love it!

Marie G said...

Avery is obviously living every detail of the story!

Annie D said...

Ha Ha Ha! I just read the whole thing on your blog! Adorable! Simply adorable!

Meriaten said...

She is so cute telling her stories...

Allison S said...

She's going to be a writer just like her grandma x

Maureen said...

Please tell Avery that I've just listened to her story after a very busy day at the Temple and I loved the story and now I'm going to bed xxxx I love all your entries Josephine what a wonderful heirloom for your children and you.

Tony F said...

Quite the imaginative storyteller - delightful.

SuzanSayz said...

Children with such vivid imaginations are so well off. It's the perfect way for them to work through whatever fears or insecurities they may have. And they can do it in a pace that is just right. You keep telling those stories sweet little Avery!

Evey F said...

I love to listen to her, that was a super story.

Eveymartine said...

Oh yes! A whale!

I love the story and her! x

Valerie said...

Avery called me today (Josephine heard her having a conversation with me on her toy telephone so thought she would prefer the real thing.) What an absolute delight it is to have long conversations with a 3 year old girl who has such a sense of joy and wonder in the world? She told me Mummy and Daddy felt it would have been too cold for her to sleep all night in her igloo (not to mention the threat of avalanches, roaming animals and the wrath of social services!) but she does think she has the best Daddy in the whole world because he can make igloos. There is no joy greater in the universe than hearing a beloved child tell you, "And I love you too Grandma." (Happy, happy sighs.)