Wednesday, April 21, 2010

One more day!


Wow, a lot of you seem to think we're going to have a girl! And Avery agrees with you! Right from the beginning she has said that she would like to have a girl baby. Over breakfast this morning I was telling Avery that tomorrow we are going to go see the baby doctor, and hopefully we will be able to find out whether we're having a girl or a boy. She got so excited, and told me that yesterday she was talking to her teacher and told her that we were having a girl baby and a boy baby, and wouldn't that be great?!!! I said that I would love that too, but we're just going to have to see what Heavenly Father wants to give us, and that it looks like we're only having one baby, and we don't know whether it's a boy or a girl yet. She said "Mom...I want a girl baby." So, we'll see!! I can't wait! I don't really think that Avery will be disappointed if it's a boy though :)
In other news, we have purchased tickets for our trip to England! Last time I went home was almost exactly 4 years ago when Avery was 3 months old! My little brother got married and we got to go to the wedding, it was lovely! Avery and I got to stay for 6 weeks. But it was a long time ago! I am so excited to go back! When I first told my mother I was pregnant she tried to convince me that it would be better to wait until after the baby was born, because it wouldn't be as much fun when I was pregnant, but I completely disagree. Our last trip was a lot of fun, but I was quite limited in what I could do because I was working around a breastfeeding, multiple nap-taking infant. This time I will obviously be a little rotund, but I can cope with that :) I am excited! I'm not so excited about flying overnight with 2 little ones by myself (Gabe flies out later)...but we'll survive that part and it will be great :)

4 comments:

Solviej said...

The flight there with 2 kids is easier than the flight back, in my experience anyway. When are you headed out there?

SuzanSayz said...

Oh you know us moms Josephine, after the baby is so much better because then we can enjoy that new grandbaby out of it's wrapper.
I'm excited for you to get to go home to England to see your family. I can't even imagine how hard it would be to live so far away from my loved ones.

Lisa said...

I love, love, love England and can't wait to go there with Donald and the girls. We are planning on a summer of 2012 trip (but we'll have to see how Elisabeth is doing at that point and if she will be able to handle the travel).

So fun!

And I can't wait to hear boy vs. girl!

Syme Family News said...

I am so excited for both your flights home and to hear what you are having. I wish you luck. When do you go home?