Saturday, June 26, 2010

Since we've been home...

  • We spent the entire first day home in our pajamas, recovering from the long, exhausting journey.
  • The next day, Monday, Gabe was back at work at 6am, and I had a prenatal appointment at 9am. Luckily my friend Michelle was willing to watch my jet lagged little ones while I went to my appointment, and I was out of the office by 9:15am :)
  • Monday afternoon Brogan got sick with some sort of stomach virus again. It was really bad. Like, no-diaper-could-hold-it bad. And then he started throwing up to, but only in the evening just after he'd gone to bed. Yep. Pleasant.
  • Wednesday morning I got the bug too. It was awful. And Gabe was still working. And the Avery started throwing up that afternoon too, so it was not a fun day in the Andersen household. Not at all.
  • Thursday, both Avery and I were feeling considerably better, but Brogan was still having diapers from hell, and he was getting noticeably skinnier.
  • Friday I took Brogan to the doctor, and he told us to carry on with the mild, dairy-free diet we were already doing, told us to go get some Imodium, which we did, to expect him to start feeling better within 2 days or so, which he did!
  • The silver lining to this sickness is that banning regular food from Brogan seems to have been the key to unlocking his appetite! He has never been very interested in food at all, but then all of a sudden, when he wasn't allowed to have it, he finally wanted it!! So ever since he's been better he's been eating really well! He's been finishing what's on his plate, and sometimes even wanting seconds! This is a big deal for him!
  • Friday morning I went to the hospital bright and early for a gross orange sugary drink, an hour of waiting, and a blood test. I failed the test, so next week I have to go back for the 3 hour fasting test. Joy of joys. So I've had Gabe hide all the chocolate we bought in England, and I'm trying to eat better and get some exercise, because I really don't want to deal with gestational diabetes!
  • By Saturday, we were all feeling almost completely better, and it was clear that Gabe had managed to avoid the sickness altogether, we decided to enjoy some time outside in the sun.



  • The next day, Gabe and Avery headed off to northern Virginia after church, because Avery had 4 more sessions of Anat Baniel Method therapy scheduled on Monday and Tuesday.

  • I will talk more about that in my next post...

3 comments:

Eveymartine said...

Wow! That looks like fun :-)

Poor, skinny little boy :-( I'm sorry you've all been so ill.

Love you x

Marie G said...

Brogan really is looking so much thinner. Perhaps now though he will continue with a healthy appetite and put the weight back on. I miss Avery and just want to hug her, I didn't get too many hugs from Brogan but miss him too especially his byes! love to all

Tony F said...

"And it came to pass ..."

not stay. Glad you are all recovered.