Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pictures of Oliver

Tiny little hands. His sleeve covers up his skinny little arm :)

All ready to go see the doctor. We had a follow-up on the 16th just to make sure he wasn't getting too jaundiced with his cephalohematoma. And he wasn't! In fact, he is actually my least jaundiced baby to date! The doctor said that of all the hematomas he's seen over the years, Oliver is probably one of the least jaundiced he's seen, even though the hematoma is one of the largest.

Brogan loves his little brother so much!

He loves to give him hugs and kisses all the time. If he finds a pacifier lying around, he won't rest until he's given it to the baby, and if Oliver even makes a sound Brogan responds instantly with "Oh no! Bebe's sad!" Too cute :)

Trying out Oliver's car seat, and telling me not to take a picture of him :)

"Eyes!"

Sucking his thumb :) He has done this quite a lot actually, and it is the cutest thing :)

Oliver is still such a sweet, peaceful baby. So far, he really is the easiest baby I've had! He hardly ever cries, and when he does it's only if he's hungry or something easy to fix like that :) He sleeps really well, and we've had a night or two when he's slept for more than 4 hours straight. He goes to sleep without needing to be rocked or anything. Basically, he's perfect!!
We had a bit of a rough start to breastfeeding. Well, I suppose I should say I had a rough start, since Oliver has been blissfully unaware of any problems at all! It started with latch-on problems resulting in lots of pain and bleeding (ouch!!), and just as that was pretty much resolved I got mastitis this past weekend. Wow, that was not fun. So I'm on antibiotics right now, and am feeling about a billion times better than I was on Saturday, so hopefully it will all be smooth sailing in that department from now on! I do think it's sort of funny that the first baby I've had any real breastfeeding problems with is the only baby who's been exclusively breastfed from day one! Both my other babies had bottles before they breastfed, and I never had any problems like this with either of them!!

5 comments:

Talitha said...

Thank you for more pictures, he really is a cutie and Brogan is so sweet. I'm glad that you have a perfect baby :)

Carole said...

Awwwww so cute! Now Avery will have two little brothers to pick on! ha ha I personally know how awesome that can be

Kristen said...

He is a beautiful baby!

I cringed in empathy for you when I read the mastitis part. I had that once. It was horrible.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet pictures. Hope you feel better as I have heard how bad mastitis is. Brogan looks besotted. Take care and love to all. Natalie x

Michelle said...

Aw, he's a sweetie! I had mastitis too very early on with Sammy, it was a bummer but after that it was smooth sailing and I'm sure it will be for you too. You have adorable children!