Monday, November 29, 2010

Charity Auctions

Most of you probably don't know that I sell squeaky shoes on ebay. Ta da! Surprise! I have been selling them for a few months now, and i's going pretty well. I thought I would let you all know that this week I will be using my little ebay business to raise money for the Hydrocephalus Association. 15%, or at least $1 per pair of shoes sold, will go to the Hydrocephalus Association. Of course, you all know why this particular nonprofit is important to me and my family, and I thought that since so many of my readers also have little ones with hydrocephalus, you might want to help me raise a little money for a cause so close to our hearts.
Here is a link to my profile on ebay where you will be able to see all my listings:
SQUEAKY SHOEs
If you (or anyone you know) know a little girl or boy who would love a pair of adorable squeaky shoes for Christmas, please think about bidding on these, and support a good cause at the same time!
In case you're wondering how I started doing this, it was actually in an effort to help Avery. A year or so ago we decided to try out some squeaky shoes for Avery to see whether it could help her learn to walk with her heels down instead of stepping on tiptoes. We thought that maybe if her shoes squeaked when she stepped properly, she would be more motivated to walk properly. Everywhere I looked though, I could only find squeaky shoes for $25-$30. Then I found a place where I could buy them wholesale, so I thought "Why not?" and I've been selling them since then.
Avery, by the way, loves them. However, it didn't take her long to figure out that she could still make them squeak without putting her heels all the way down!! Brogan loves them too though, and I find that they're extremely helpful for keeping track of him when we're out, since he has a horrible tendency to run away...!
Anyway, go take a look at the shoes!! I have mostly sparkly girl's shoes this week, but will be getting some more boys shoes in the next week or so.
Note: The charity listings will be the ones starting tonight...the shoes that are ending today are NOT charity listings.

No comments: