Thursday, December 23, 2010

Two!

Visiting Santa
...and a Christmas Shiner....

Santa came to the the history museum in Roanoke this week, and we went to see him! When we got there he was already busy telling stories and singing songs to all the children. When Avery saw him, she froze, her eyes widened and a big smile spread across her face! Then she whispered "It's Santa!" in amazement! She was wearing her santa hat, but when I suggested that we try to get a bit closer, she said "But I don't want Santa to see me because he might think I look silly with my hat...", so I suggested she take it off, and she said "Yes, so he can see my pretty hair!"

When it was finally our turn to sit with Santa, Avery walked up and, without even saying hello, started with "I want a soccer ball, and a baseball" and continued with a list of different balls as we were helping her sit down :)

Santa was very sweet and jolly, and he listened to everything that Avery had to say, and didn't seem to be offended that Brogan felt that there were more interesting things to do than to sit with Santa and have his photo taken :(



Avery really liked this old dolls house. It was very detailed, the paned windows even opened and closed! (Not that we would know that because we didn't touch it, of course...!)
Santa's helper gave out mini candy canes to all the children, and Brogan "shared" his with a couple of the moving polar bears...

Brogan did this to his eye yesterday. His first black eye, and it was self-inflicted. Well, the play table did it to him when he fell off the couch onto it.....

1 comment:

Syme Family News said...

Your kids are my favorite people. I love Avery's reaction to Santa and poor Brogan's eye.