Monday, January 31, 2011

IEP meeting

*sigh*
So...this afternoon I have a meeting with Avery's teachers and therapists to discuss her IEP (Individualized Education Plan). To say I am not looking forward to it is sort of an understatement. I'm sort of dreading it. Because I am going to have to once again fight for what I think is best for Avery. Because, once again, her school PT and I do not agree at all.
*sigh*
So even after talking to Catherine (Avery's ABM PT), Kristen (school PT) decided that a good compromise between us not wanting Avery to walk and her wanting Avery to walk would be to make Avery use her quad cane every day at school in addition to her walker.
Yep, this is going to be a fun meeting........

5 comments:

Angela said...

Hey Josephine I am rooting for you today! Remember you know what is best for Avery.

Will you please keep me updated...I know we don't really know eachother, but I am already in love with Avery and I can tell you are such a great mom.

If you don't want to leave it all in a comment, my email is Angelbutterfly84@aol.com

Good luck

SuzanSayz said...

I'm sorry that you have such a hard time with Avery's team. Do they honestly think that they have more concern for her well being than you, her own mother.
Sigh.
Keep up the good work Josephine. Long after they have passed her through the system and forgotten about her you will still be there as her champion to the end.
You are in my heart.

Kristen said...

Oh that's tough! Good luck!

Michelle said...

It's such a complete bummer when you have such a disagreement with the people you have to rely on. We actually turned down PT services at school. We've had the same PT since Owen was born and she has brought him so far that adding another person into the mix seemed like a bad idea.

I hope that the meeting went better than you hoped it would!

Patty said...

Josephine - We had Jaedyn's IEP meeting yesterday. Oh how I wish Avery could have the same team of therapists that Jaedyn has. I get no arguments from them. Support, encouragement, suggestions and discussions yes, but never arguments. We are supporting you 100%. Keep doing what you are doing even though it is hard. It will definitely be worth it. Love from the Huffman's.