Saturday, March 05, 2011

Super cool wheelchair for my amazing girl!

Avery is 
AWESOME. 
That's all there is to it!



The first time she sat in her new wheelchair at the store this morning, I showed her where the handles were and she immediately started pushing herself around! And I don't know if you can tell from the video, but her posture while sitting in it had already improved by the end of the day. She is so great :)


And to those of you who donated money towards Avery's wheelchair in tribute to my wonderful Grandad... I cannot even tell you how much that means to me and my family. When my mother told me that they were going to be asking for this in lieu of flowers, I choked up a little because it was so unexpected and so touching. And the generosity of those who helped is overwhelming to me. 
Thank you. 
So much. 

8 comments:

Angela said...

Amazing is the best word to describe Avery!!!

Sarah said...

Looks great!

the domesticated explorer said...

This is all so exciting and wonderful to see what a positive experience that lovely girl had on her first day with her new wheel chair. Well done Avery

Syme Family News said...

We love your daughter!

SuzanSayz said...

Now I have my great big HAPPY for the day! I'm al choked up watching her in her wheel chair. I'm sure that learning to manipulate the WC has got to be a good thing for her overall development as well. And how cool was that to see her in it at the skating rink! What a fun idea.
She looks so adorable in her glasses and braids, as well.
GO AVERY!!!!

Diana said...

She IS Awesome. I am so glad she got the chair!

Talitha said...

Wow she's a pro already! That is amazing, and good that she has taken to it so well:) Is she feeling better about it now?

wheelchairs : Manish Steel Works said...

I really appreciate your post and you explain each and every point very well.Thanks for sharing this information.And I’ll love to read your next post too.