Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Six!!!!

Today, Avery turned 6! I am sick, and should go to sleep, but I did not want to let the day end without at least posting some pictures of my absolute favourite girl in the whole wide world!
Disappointingly, Avery awoke to discover that she was exactly the same size as she was yesterday. How could this be?? How can a SIX year old be the same size as a FIVE year old?? Hehe! Also, at dinner last night, Avery looked at Brogan and said, “Brogan, I know that 5 year old Avery will really miss you. But 6 year old Avery might not know who you are when she arrives tomorrow.” I love her!!
IMG_4854
Heart-shaped pancakes for my (very grown-up) Valentine’s Baby!
She got a soft Bugs Bunny and a red birthday card from Daddy before he left for work, and a book from Mommy. Everything else will wait for her party on Saturday!
IMG_4856 IMG_4858
Daddy was able to spend a few minutes at Bubblecake with us for a special birthday cupcake! Then she got another birthday treat – a free birthday ice cream at Maggie Moos. She chose dark chocolate ice cream with marshmallows. Thank fully she was old and wise enough to leave a little bit of both treats for later!
IMG_4911 IMG_4928IMG_4932 IMG_4933
She finished her afternoon with some rip rider spins around the driveway, followed by some Wii Ski.
And now I have to go to bed. I look as if I’ve been crying all day, but I’m just so congested and so sick! Ugh!! I have to be better by Thursday so that we can get everything together for the big Castle Party on Saturday! The birthday girl is so excited! Tomorrow we have her 6 year check up, and we will ask the doctor how tall she was at her 5 year check up, so we can see how much taller 6 year old Avery really is! ;)

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Aw happy birthday to your sweet girl! Thanks for sharing pictures of her day with us! Got a chuckle out of her thoughts on leaving 5 and turning 6.

Sarah said...

Happy 6th Birthday Avery!

Love the heart shaped pancakes :)

Josephine said...

I wish I'd thought to take a candle to Bubblecake! We should have sung Happy Birthday to her before she ate her cupcake :(